Software solution architect (NN Belgium)
NN is a life insurance company with great aims in Belgium. We protect what our customers hold most dear: their family and those close to them. We believe that insurance is a very personal matter and by keeping things personal, our goal is to make all the difference. With 1.4 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group.
Which is why we extend a warm welcome to NN to all potential new employees looking to make a positive impact on the lives of each and every one of our unique customers!
Software Solution Architect
We are looking for a Software Solution Architect for our IT delivery organisation who has a passion for change in the area of IT. As a software solution architect, you will be part of our IT delivery team. The IT delivery team designs, develops and runs all of the application chains for NN Belgium. The team itself is subdivided into different domains with an end-to-end business focus.
A domain can be viewed as any chain with a business scope. For example finance and risk processes, the end-to-end process from portal to administration systems for customers, or document-handling processes for operations, etc.
What impact will you have as a Software Solution Architect at NN?
As our future Software Solution Architect, you will be part of an agile IT delivery domain with a specific business focus. On the one hand, you will fully understand your enterprise architecture and its principles, translating it to fit your specific domain. On the other hand, you will provide input from your specific domain to help direct the enterprise architecture. It is your responsibility to make the domain architecture in your team understandable. In doing so, you will support your analysts in translating business needs into practical solutions that comply with guidelines. Ultimate responsibility for the conformity of implementation lies with you. You will be an active member of the architecture team and will work closely with the Domain IT Lead, Enterprise Architect, Security Officer and scrum teams in your domain.
How will you do this in practical terms?
As a Software Solution Architect, you must be able to translate the architecture into practical technical solutions:
- You will go the extra mile for our customers and are involved in constantly improving the work done.
- You will have an active role in translating the company/ IT strategy and enterprise target architecture.
- You will be aware of the security policy and be able to translate and establish it in practical terms.
- You will actively seek to collaborate with the other IT delivery domains and business stakeholders.
- You will have a clear view of the capabilities of the architecture (or lack of) and how to apply them.
- You have a passion for your domain and stay fully current with technical developments in this domain.
- You proactively keep your knowledge and skills up to date. And you will continue to develop yourself and take less experienced software analysts under your wing.
We are looking for someone to come and make a difference – and that person is you!
Our ideal candidate has at least 7 years of experience working in a complex IT environment as a software solution architect with an insurance company. You hold a relevant master’s degree and have a reputation as a passionate IT professional with a keen eye for delivering working business solutions. In your work, you are able to draw on a strong technical background (technology, IT platforms, LCM, architecture, connectivity, security & risk) about your domain.
- Architectural principles (application, data, integration), patterns, best practices, etc. are all familiar territory for you
- In the past you have worked on application integrations and transformation processes; you are also at home keeping an eye on security and compliance guidelines
- You want to have an impact and make your mark within the domain to pass on the architecture message
- You are eager to learn and are also happy to share your own knowledge with others
- Your experiences with architectural developments have been gained as part of an agile environment
- You have a good command of Dutch/French and English, both verbal and written
What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed. People willing to give the best of themselves for our customers. People with fresh ideas and the kind of drive that enables them to take the initiative. And people who are totally at home with our values. But, especially, we need people with a unique personality that really makes a difference. In particular, be yourself. That’s what we value and appreciate at NN! How?
- We will give you an attractive salary, supplemented by a range of fringe benefits, such as group and hospitalisation insurance, a mobility budget, meal vouchers and eco-cheques, 20 days’ holiday and 12 working time adjustment days off.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and further develop your unique talents, so that you will continue to build your career. There’s a whole range of things available for you: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN, we know just how important relaxation is! Which is why we aim to achieve a good work-life balance. Working from home, flexible hours and a fitness space with group lessons are just some of the things that will make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought about providing an enjoyable, totally innovative working environment, where you feel at home, situated in the bustling city that is Brussels, literally next door to Brussels South railway station.